Much Thanks Jeff’s Installation Experience of His 100W Toyota 4Runner 4th & 5th Gen.
Thanks for Jeff’s Review
Jeff said: Overall, the performance of the hood solar panel is very good. I am very satisfied with all the results. This is a great invention which can provide a steady flow of electricity for my power station and refrigerator in sunny weather.
The only problem is that I don’t like this controller without MPPT Bluetooth. I prefer a controller with a monitor, so that I can detect the output power, current, voltage, etc. through the mobile phone anytime and anywhere. As you watched in the video I put the controller under the seat which makes it difficult for me to see the display data because I need to pull the passenger seat, if it is a Bluetooth one with APP, you can just look on your phone and decide to move the car if you need to or you just have a general idea of what you are getting out of it that will be more convenient.
Note: We Updated the Bluetooth Controller with APP now, Kindly Click: 10A Waterproof Controller
YouTube Video of Vinyl Decal Installation Available At
After Installed The Vinyl Decal, The Hood Looks Like This.
YouTube Video of Solar Panel Installation Available At
Lensun 100W Hood Solar Panel for Toyota 4Runner 4th &5th (2003-2021), The Solar Panel Installation on The Hood and Charge the Vehicle Battery.
If you don’t know which generation of your car is, please check Wikipedia.
This hood solar panel provides power to keep 12v accessories like fridges, lighting, phones, cameras, radios, etc everything else charged. Do not worry a dead battery while camping/off the grid.
Perfactly shaped for the hood of the 4Runner. Easy to install plug and play wiring.
LENSUN Hood Solar Panel Feature.
1. Keep your vehicle battery topped up at all times. Your battery will charge every time your vehicle is parked in the sun. Perfect for the overlander or camper who wants to power devices without worrying about draining their battery.
2. Prolongs your battery life. The hood solar panel will give you longer overall battery life by tending it constantly during periods of sun exposure.
3. Emergency engine starting device. If you ever manage to completely drain your battery. The hood solar panel will start the vehicle up again in as little as 30 minutes depending on sun exposure. Very efficient and great back up if you want to be off the grid.
4.Decreased hood glare. Due to it’s light absorbing properties the hood solar panel creates a surface with very low reflectivity across the hood of the vehicle, the decreased glare while driving. That means constant charging regardless of sun angle.
5. The optional Plug-and-play 10A Waterproof MPPT solar charge controller, has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors. The Solar charge controller is based on common negative design and advanced MPPT control algorithm, with intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.
This solar controller compatible with Various Battery options: Sealed, AGM, Gel, Liquid and Lithium-ion.
Click to check Lensun 10A Waterproof MPPT Solar Controller
6.The optional but highly recommended custom cut vinyl base sheet protects the underlying vehicle paint from damage.
Lensun 100W ETFE Flexible Solar Panel Feature
1. Solar cell: Grade A PERC Monocrystalline solar cells with much higher efficiency and more durability than other mono solar cells.
2. Premium EFTE Film: This film features superior light transmittance and weatherproof performance, and is also heat, corrosion, and UV resistant. ETFE also has self-cleaning abilities, ensures the best performance day after day.
3. Backboard: Durable fiberglass substrate backboard, better heat dissipation than PET backboard which ensures a long lifetime. ETFE film and fiberglass backboard can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free for years.
4. Ultrathin & Lightweight: At only 3mm thick, the hood solar panel is powerful, waterproof, lightweight(60% less than the conventional solar panels), durable, and highly resistant to the harsh operating conditions of a marine environment.
Peak power: 100W
Solar cell efficiency: 22.5%
Maximum power voltage: 21V
Maximum power current: 4.76A
Open circuit voltage: 24.78V
Short circuit current: 5.23A
Power allowance range: +/-3%
Maximum system voltage: 500V
Net Weight: 3.5kg/7.7 lbs
J-Box: IP 68 rated with 2m/6.5ft cables and MC4 connectors
Values at standard test conditions: Air Mass – AM1.5, Irradiance – 1000W/m2, Cell Temperature – 25°C
More Detail Pictures
I got the full hood solar panel for the 5th gen 4runner and love it. It powers my power station as well as my battery. I have a had no issues running my fridge and keeping everything powered/charged. Definitely an awesome product for those looking into solar panel options for your vehicle.
In addition to Toyota, we also offer the hood solar panels for most off-road SUVs and all various of brand trucks on the market, such as the hood solar panels of Land Rover, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Hummer, Jeep, Isuzu, Nissan, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru, Suzuki.