When we are preparing for an outdoor off-road activity, whether it is a short trip of two to three days or a long trip of more than a few months, we need to solve the power supply for our vehicle to keep the small equipment in it working stably such as car refrigerators, speakers, mobile phones, tablets, computers, lights, etc.
We can chose to charge the portable power bank or the vehicle’s main battery, but both require a solar panel to charge them regularly, the development of the Lensun hood solar panel is a wonderful idea, it only needs to be installed on the hood then can continue to charge the battery whether if the truck is starting or not. The 17.5V working voltage can charge most 12V devices. The Lensun hood solar panel is only 3mm thick and it looks like a part of the car after installation.
Yes, for those who love off-road, we need a kit of Lensun hood solar panel all.
Much Thanks Grant’s Installation Experience About His 85W(Now Updated to 90W) Land Rover Defender Hood Solar Panel.
YouTube Video Available At
Land Rover Defender (2020-present) Lensun 90W Hood Bonnet Solar Panel
Lensun hood solar panel mounts to the hood/bonnet of your vehicles. And charge the vehicle battery, leisure battery or power station (Jackery, goal zero…etc) .
Keeps your fridges, lighting, phones, cameras, radios, etc everything else charged. Do not worry a dead battery while camping /off the grid.
Perfactly shaped for the hood of the vehicle. Easy to install, plug and play wiring.
Lensun Hood Solar Panel Feature
1. Keep your vehicle battery or auxiliary battery topped up all the times without the need to start your engine. Your battery will charge every time your vehicle is parked in the sun, run your fridge and recharged all electronic devices and lights. Without worring about a dead battery while out exploring.
2. Keep your power station charge，the Defender hood solar panel come with standard solar connectors, use adaptors(buy separate) charge for most of the power station on the market, Jackery/Goalzero/Suoki/Flashfish…etc. If you are not sure which adapter to use please contact us.
3. Decreased hood glare. The surface of Defender hood solar panel is a high-quality ETFE film, which will not reflect light. And because the solar panel’s light absorbing properties, the decreased glare while driving.
4. Convenience and space saving. The Defender hood solar panel adheres directly to the vehicle’s hood, requiring no roof rack or mounting hardware. The complete plug-and-play system can be installed easy. Unlike a portable solar panel, there’s no need to set it up or stow it inside of a vehicle, which can eat up precious cargo space.
5. Protect and extend battery life：As a result our batteries are only at about 60% charge at best if you drive it daily, if you park it for 2-3 weeks it won’t start in the summer. Also the battery goes bad in 2-3 years. Lensun hood solar panel keeps the vehicle battery charge to maintain the battery.
6.The optional Plug-and-play 10A Waterproof MPPT solar charge controller, has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors. The Solar charge controller is based on common negative design and advanced MPPT control algorithm, with intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.
This solar controller compatible with Various Battery options: Sealed, AGM, Gel, Liquid and Lithium-ion.
Click to check Lensun 10A Waterproof MPPT Solar Controller
7. The optional custom-fitted vinyl decal protects the vehicle paint from damage. Highly suggests using a vinyl decal between the solar panel and hood.
Lensun 90W ETFE Flexible Solar Panel Feature
1. Solar cell: Grade A PERC Monocrystalline solar cells with much higher efficiency and more durability than other mono solar cells.
2. Premium EFTE Film: This film features superior light transmittance and weatherproof performance, and is also heat, corrosion, and UV resistant. ETFE also has self-cleaning abilities, ensures the best performance day after day.
3. Backboard: Durable fiberglass substrate backboard, better heat dissipation than PET backboard which ensures a long lifetime. ETFE film and fiberglass backboard can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free for years.
4. Ultrathin & Lightweight: At only 3mm thick, the solar panel is powerful, waterproof, lightweight(60% less than the conventional solar panels), durable, and highly resistant to the harsh operating conditions of a marine environment.
Peak power: 90W
Solar cell efficiency: 23%
Maximum power voltage: 17.5V
Maximum power current: 5.14A
Open circuit voltage: 21V
Short circuit current: 5.65A
Power allowance range: +/-3%
Maximum system voltage: 500V
Net Weight: 2.5kg/5.5 lbs
J-Box: IP 68 rated with 2m/6.5ft cables and standard connectors
Values at standard test conditions: Air Mass – AM1.5, Irradiance – 1000W/m2, Cell Temperature – 25°C
I installed the 85 watt system with charge controller on my 2020 Defender 110x. The solar panel install was easy with two sided automotive trim tape and plugs right into the charge controller. Just a positive & negative connection to your battery jumper posts in the engine bay and your done. The blue tooth app lets you see how the panel and your battery are doing with a few different metrics. It looks great on the hood and works well!
In addition to Land Rover, we also offer the hood solar panels for most off-road SUVs and all various of brand trucks on the market, such as the hood solar panels of Toyota, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Hummer, Jeep, Isuzu, Nissan, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki.