Much Thanks Kamil’s Installation Experience of His 110W Land Rover Discovery LR3.
What is Kamil Said About This 110W Hood Solar Panel
Kamil said: Before it’s time to sum up this year’s vacation, which was admittedly without spectacular expeditions, but equally intense and exciting, a few words about our small power upgrade.
Two months ago, we received a panel from @lensunsolar that we ordered in the spring. 110W power and, most importantly, matching the hood of our Wolf, including cut-out holes for the windshield washer. Installation is trivial. We used also a black foil, which serves as a background.
We stick double-sided tape to the panel and all to the hood, and filled the small gap with black silicone.
We also bought a decent charging regulator, which we hid under the driver’s seat in place of the disc reader from the factory navigation, which we do not use anyway.
After two months of use, we can say that it is really good.
Of course, it depend from the sun, from arrangement of the car, but in our case the panel is an additional solution apart from the charging distributor from the main battery.
We consider the charging result in full sun to be quite good. If we stick to the expedition plan with a longer stay in one place, we will probably think about an additional portable panel.
Lensun 110W Hood Solar Panel for Land Rover Discovery LR3/LR4, the solar panel installation on the hood and charge the vehicle battery
Lensun hood solar panel mounts to the hood/bonnet of your vehicles. And charge the vehicle battery, leisure battery or power station(jackery, goal zero…etc) .
Keep your fridges, lighting, phones, cameras, radios, etc everything else charged. Do not worry a dead battery while camping/off the grid.
Perfactly shaped for the hood of the vehicle. Easy to install plug and play wiring.
Lensun Hood Solar Panel Feature
1. Keep your vehicle battery or auxiliary battery topped up all the times without the need to start your engine. Your battery will charge every time your vehicle is parked in the sun, run your fridge and recharged all electronic devices and lights. Without worring about a dead battery while out exploring.
2. Keep your power station charge，the LR3/LR4 hood solar panel come with standard solar connectors, use adaptors(buy separate) charge for most of the power station on the market, Jackery/Goalzero/Suoki/Flashfish…etc. If you are not sure which adapter to use please contact us.
3.Decreased hood glare. The surface of Lensun hood solar panel is a high-quality ETFE film, which will not reflect light. And because the solar panel’s light absorbing properties, the decreased glare while driving.
4. Convenience and space saving. The LR3/LR4 hood solar panel adheres directly to the vehicle’s hood, requiring no roof rack or mounting hardware. The complete plug-and-play system can be installed easy. Unlike a portable solar panel, there’s no need to set it up or stow it inside of a vehicle, which can eat up precious cargo space.
5. Protect and extend battery life：As a result our batteries are only at about 60% charge at best if you drive it daily, if you park it for 2-3 weeks it won’t start in the summer. Also the battery goes bad in 2-3 years. Lensun hood solar panel keep the vehicle battery charge to maintain the battery.
6. The optional Plug-and-play 10A Waterproof MPPT solar charge controller, has been pre-wired with fuses, terminals, and connectors. The Solar charge controller is based on common negative design and advanced MPPT control algorithm, with intelligent protection against reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit, and reverse current.
This solar controller compatible with Various Battery options: Sealed, AGM, Gel, Liquid and Lithium-ion.
Click to check Lensun 10A Waterproof MPPT Solar Controller
7. The optional custom-fitted vinyl decal protects the vehicle paint from damage. Highly suggests using a vinyl decal between the solar panel and hood.
Lensun 110W ETFE Flexible Hood Solar Panel Feature
1. Solar cell: Grade A PERC Monocrystalline solar cells with much higher efficiency and more durability than other mono solar cells.
2. Premium EFTE Film: This film features superior light transmittance and weatherproof performance, and is also heat, corrosion, and UV resistant. ETFE also has self-cleaning abilities, ensures the best performance day after day.
3. Backboard: Durable fiberglass substrate backboard, better heat dissipation than PET backboard which ensures a long lifetime. ETFE film and fiberglass backboard can withstand extreme environmental conditions, maintenance-free for years.
4. Ultrathin & Lightweight: At only 3mm thick, the LR3/LR4 hood solar panel is powerful, waterproof, lightweight(60% less than the conventional solar panels), durable, and highly resistant to the harsh operating conditions of a marine environment.
Peak power: 110W
Solar cell efficiency: 22.5%
Maximum power voltage: 23V
Maximum power current: 4.78A
Open circuit voltage: 26V
Short circuit current: 5.26A
Power allowance range: +/-3%
Maximum system voltage: 500V
Net Weight: 3.5kg/7.7 lbs
J-Box: IP 68 rated with 2m/6.5ft cables and MC4 connectors
Values at standard test conditions: Air Mass – AM1.5, Irradiance – 1000W/m2, Cell Temperature – 25°C
In addition to Land Rover Discovery 3/4, We also Got Installation Picture for Discovery 2 and Discovery 1.
Land Rover Discovery 1 Lensun 100W Hood Solar Panel installation
In addition to the hood solar panel of Discovery, we also offer hood solar panels for Land Rover Defender, Ranger Rover.
In addition to Land Rover, we also offer the hood solar panels for most off-road SUVs and all various brand trucks on the market, such as the hood solar panels of Toyota, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Hummer, Jeep, Isuzu, Nissan, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Subaru, Suzuki.
If there has any questions or advice, please contact us or call us in the following information from Mondays to Fridays. Any wholesale requests just call us or email us, thanks.